Sunday, April 15, 2012

The "Mrs"

October 2009 I am a 23 year old, newly single woman, deciding what to do now that I don't have a future with my ex to think about. I am sick of my hometown and am determined to never think about men, relationships, or marriage again. I know there's more to the world so I decided to move....
...to Ames, Iowa.
Good idea....

The night of January 16th 2010 changed my life forever. I was hanging out with my roommate and some of her friends, when in walks her crush and his best friend. I had already met my roommate's crush but the other guy was new. From the start I knew he was trouble. He had on an Iowa State sweatshirt (blasphemous in my family of Hawkeye fans), a ball cap and a scruffy beard. I also noticed that I would definitely lose an arm wrestling match with him, even if I used both hands. We were introduced to each other by our nicknames"Yogi" and "Suki" (we didn't know each other's real names until two days later when he had hunted me down and I got a friend request on Facebook from a "Matt Johnson"). By the end of the night my phone number was in his phone, but he did not utilize this information until two weeks later.
Our first date consisted of watching a movie at my apartment and from then on we were inseparable.
Matt moved to Ames for school 4 years before we met and has been working for a construction company.

We're going on 2 1/2 years and have lived together for about 1 1/2 years of that. We're not engaged (yet; don't worry I'm working on it) but regardless, I have learned a lot about cleaning up after a construction worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment