Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down...

I don't know about you all, but my least favorite days to do housework are when it's raining. I just want to curl up with my cats and a book, watch a movie, or take a nap.
It definitely doesn't put me in a lively mood.

So, today I tried to think of what I do that helps me get in the cleaning mood. For sunny days I like the windows open and filling the house with spritely music. And this in turn made me realize I need to go with the mood I am in.

For dreary days I think of lighting candles, playing jazz or even classical music. I also realized I like doing more organization type cleaning, as it's more about the mind and keeping calm, instead of scrubbing and laundry and vacuuming and picking up the floor.

Like I said in my last post: doing SOMEthing everyday is the key.
Now I have a second piece of advice: do work that goes with the flow.

Not to mention still getting some things done on a rainy day will make that nap or book worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment